Company: Chapin International Inc.
Area: Batavia, NY
Chapin has been a world leader in compressed air sprayers since we patented the first U.S. pump sprayer in 1902. Our world-class company includes exacting manufacturing and progressive technology and design methods enabling us to provide the best lawn and garden products available.
We are currently recruiting for a high talent Graphic Designer to develop all forms of collateral, including brochures, literature, labels, catalogs, presentations, as well as tradeshow/exhibit design. The Graphic Designer will be entrusted with introducing, developing, and presenting creative solutions, and will be responsible for the initial design through production of a wide variety of marketing materials.
• Layout and design of packaging projects including brochures, catalogs, web content, tradeshow materials and sell sheets. Coordination and prioritizing of projects and department resources to meet demand for graphics services.
• Development of trade advertising and placement
• Design screen artwork for Chapin product lines, including contracting and working directly with outside print vendors
• Develop sales presentations, including graphics for trade show booths
• Responsible for engineering revisions and changes on manuals, screens and miscellaneous artwork
• In-house digital photography and digital photo manipulation as required
• Maintain Mac back-up system on weekly basis
• Assist and support new product development team in new product designs, positioning and promotion
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/graphic design/communication/ or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in related field
• Knowledge of still and video photography (or studio work experience and video editing a plus
• Must have experience dealing with print media, buying, placing and negotiating ad space
• Must have good hands-on skills to help out with mock-ups
• Must possess a professional level of presentations of concepts
• Excellent communicator; strong writing skills
• Proficient in: InDesign, Illustrator, (knowledge of Freehand is a benefit) PowerPoint, Word, Excel, video production software
• Demonstrates a flexible attitude
• Ideal candidate will be a disciplined self-starter with excellent communication skills, organization skills and ability to follow up projects through completion.
• High energy and creative; works well in team environment; takes direction well
For confidential consideration, reply to Reply to this Posting with resume and salary history. Please include a sample work or a portfolio link.
There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
Please, no phone calls, no recruiters.